Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Zoo, Houses, etc...

We are going to the National Zoo this weekend...and I can't wait! Panda Bears are my absolute favorite animals, and I am really looking forward to seeing them. There is even a Panda Cafe, so I know where we are eating lunch!!


We are still waiting for the house in Preston to go to settlement. The buyers are (again) asking for an extension. We have been told their loan is with USDA for approval, and that is the final stage. Once they sign off, we are running to the settlement table. We have another house in a local community that is also under contract. Unfortunately, it will be our first loss...but removing this property from our books is key right now. We have one rental already, and with the market and economy the way it is...we just want to sell and get out!


Our Compliance Manager at work is leaving...she's moving to Idaho. She only gave 2 weeks notice. There's some skuttle about whether I will take over the department....right now I am the Analytical Chemist for the QA/QC department. I wish there was some more time for training, I wish I knew more of the regulations, and I wish I was brave enough to just go for it....I'll keep you posted. I want this, but it feels really out of my reach.


Keep your fingers crossed...the boat is getting shown (again) tomorrow. It's been for sale over a year. We really don't want to get rid of it....but we want something different. A true fishing boat is a dream, that and something with a cabin and galley. Something that would be kid friendly for naps, and also something better suited for overnight trips. But, we have to sell the Shamrock first!


Oh, and my Book Club starts on Tuesday....I am so excited. I think there are about 8 ladies joining and there are a mix of ages...30s, 40s and 50s. I think it's going to be a really great group. We are going to try and order our books from a local Book Store (Harrison Street Books), and hope to host the club there one night for some publicity for the store.
The first book we are reading is Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas
Hope you are having a good week!!

No comments: