Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Currently....

I know it's been awhile since my last post...So I have decided to catch up with something fun!!

Loving
My husband....we have been married for almost 8 years, and I just adore him. He is the best father to Tatum, and the best husband I could ever have dreamed of marrying. He makes me laugh, he makes me cry and he just gets me (even though I beg to differ at times...he really does get me more than anyone else in the world). We have been together for 15.5 years...we've had our ups and downs just like any other couple, but the ups sure out weigh the downs and I am truly lucky to have him by my side to help guide me through this crazy world.

Reading
The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley but am very anxious to start the new book by Emily Giffin called Where we Belong.

Waiting For
Some good news on a new opportunity for our family...that's all I can say for now. Except after a call today, I am learning that the grass is not always greener....

Excited About
Labor Day weekend in Baltimore with some of the families from our travel group in China. We are all getting together for a reunion and I can't wait to see all the girls together, their biological siblings and how much everyone has grown!!

Missing
Our 8 year old Golden Retriever, Marley. We chose to re-home Marley last week as she has shown some aggression signs over the past few years. She became very possessive taking toys from Tatum when she wasn't looking then holding them hostage under the coffee table. We were very afraid that Marley would snap at Tatum when she innocently reached to obtain her toy back, and we just couldn't take that chance. I have cried myself to sleep for the past week...I miss her terribly, but know we made the right decision.

Trying to
Decide whether of not I should cut my hair. I had been growing it out for my sister in law's wedding which was this past weekend, and now I can't decide if I should cut it or keep growing. Todd thinks I look younger with it long....it is easy to just throw it up should I need to be in a hurry...but I just feel like it hangs there.

Working on
Losing weight....it's just time. I didn't birth a baby...I want more energy and I am about to turn 35 and I want to look like a HOT 35 year old! LOL I am sure my husband agress with me....although he better think I am HOT already! ; ) No, but seriously...I want to feel better, I want my clothes to fit me better and I want to buy clothes that are smaller in size, so game on!

Enjoying
Being a Mother to our daughther, Tatum. Tatum challenges me in ways that I never imagined possible. She will get the better of me from time to time....but I just adore being her Mommy. She has taught me so much in these past 10 months as her Mommy and I truly have enjoyed every minute of this ride.

Using
A cleaning service. They come every 2 weeks and I couldn't be any more happy with that decision.

Watching
The Olympics...but I mean who isn't right not?!

Wearing
Platinuim Jack Rogers this summer. I will be sad to see the summer days end....because I just adore these shoes!! They go with everything.

Planning
Tatum's 3rd Birthday Party. I originally thought I wanted to do a Strawberry shortcake theme...but she doesn't seem to have as much interest in her anymore. I think I might just pick some color themes and go from there. It's hard to believe that she will be 3 already...where does the time go?

Needing
Okay, wants and needs....but I am needing this David Yurman ring I have been drooling over for the longest time AND I need to have a pair of diamond earrnings. My Birthday is in Spetember and our Anniversary is in October....a girl cal dream of her needs ; )

Learning
To let things go...those of you who know me well know I can be wound a little tight. BUT, I am working on that....I used to hae border line OCD with keeping the house clean...now that Tatum is here, I have a cleaning lady, I am able to stop and smell the roses a little more. I want to enjoy my family time and not sweat the small stuff.

Listening
To my daughter sing the ABC song and count to 10 (and sometimes higher). After 10 months home and learning a new language, I think that is pretty awesome!

Wishing
For a romantic getaway weekend with my husband. I love Tatum and spending time with her....but I just want (even one night) away with Todd, just the two of us...laughing, drinking wine and enjoying a nice hotel or bed and breakfast together. We are so fortunate that we go to dinner once a week just the two of us, but I would love to sleep in again....and just spend time together. Remember above in the Loving section...I love my husband!! ; )

Doing
What is best for my daughter and family every single day. It's a hard thing to wrap your mind around, but as a parent it seems to come natural no matter what the decision is.

Dreaming of
Owning a house on the water and a boat that we can spend the night on...one with a cabin a real bathroom and a mini kitchen area.






And last but not least....here's a shot from my sister-in-law's wedding this weekend. It was a beautiful day & we were honored to be party of their special day. More to follow....

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Now thats what a call a "good post"!!

Debbie said...

Diane, I pressed enter button too soon...sorry!

Wanted to say, I hear you on most of those things too - a romantic night with hubs, diamond ear-rings, and loosing some weight? Yes, please!!

Love photo of wedding BTW.

Jo said...

I'm with you on many of things you listed ~ love the honesty and reality!

Jo

Sheets & Giggles said...

Oh gosh, 3 already. We need to get over there and meet here already before she grows up! Will be sending over a large box of things for her though!