Sunday, January 9, 2011

Quiet weekend and meal plan

We've had a quiet weekend, after a rough week at work for me, so it has been nice. Friday night, I didn't get out of work until 6pm, so we were late being able to leave for dinner AND a movie, so we just had dinner at Olive Garden instead. It was delicious, and cheap (I had a coupon for $5 off!)!!

Saturday, Todd got up at the crack of dawn to goose/duck hunt. I couldn't really go back to sleep, so I got up and headed to the mall. We had about 2 inches of snow, but the roads were fine. I got a much needed mani and pedi and then met Deb for lunch at Brio. Brio is one of my favorite restaurants, and I had never been there for lunch before...we usually just do dinner there. We both had frozen peach bellinis and the Asian Citrus salad with shrimp...we talked and talked and talked...so much to catch up on!! It was a great boost after a rough week, I always look forward to my time spent with Deb. Then, Todd and I enjoyed some good cooking at Kays Retaurant at the little airport in Cambridge...fried chick and mashed potatoes...we have LOTS of leftovers from this weekend of eating out.

Today, we got up and cleaned the house. Then, I am going to roast a chicken for dinner tonight...Todd loves roasted poultry on Sundays : ) Gearing up for a rough week...my lab assistant is on vacation this week and there are many demands to support production.

So, here's the meal plan a day early...have a great week!

Monday-Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
Tuesday-Tuna nicoise salad
Wednesday-pizza and oven fries
Thursday-pot roast (crock pot)
Friday-herb chicken with orzo pasta salad
Saturday-beef stew
Sunday-Dinner at a friends house (Fondu..yum!)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Im glad you had some time for yourself this weekend...pampering is always good for the soul!
Hope this week goes much better for you.

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shell in your Pocket said...

I just went to the Olive Garden the past week...it has been so long since I have been to one...very good!

sandy toe