Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The light at the end of the tunnel to China....

Today, we sent our I800 application and supplement 3 (to switch from healthy to SN) to USCIS (aka the Department of Homeland Security). What a big step in the process to bring Tatum home!

Now...we wait for I800 approval and then our approval will go the National Visa Center. We will then get a letter from the NVC that our information is cabeled to the US Embassy in Guangzhou. Our adoption agency will send our signed referral and LSC, DS-230 and NVC letter to Bejjing. The agency staff there will then forward it to the American consulate for pre approval and issuance of the Article 5.


In 2-3 weeks, then Article 5 and signed LSC will be sent to the the CCCWA. Then, we wait for them to give us TRAVEL APPROVAL. Once we obtain Travel Approval, our agency requests a Consulate Appointment. When that appointment is confirmed, our travel is arranged around that.

I think we are still on target to travel in early October (I hope)! Someone pinch me, because this just doesn't feel real!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my....I had to read this a couple of times. Its complicated! But I think no matter what road to adoption you take, it is endless paperwork. The finished result will be worth it though! Dx

Football and Fried Rice said...

Man, you are OUTTA HERE!!!! You are way ahead of us! We are just hoping to be DTC/LID soon!!!!!!

October would be a wonderful time of year to travel & become a family!!!!!!!