Sunday, January 17, 2010

weekend and menu

What a great lazy weekend! Friday I had off for my eye appointment...and I am happy to report that I still see 20/15 4 years POST Lasik! Dr Dyer rocks! Friday night, we stayed home...it was relaxing. We did venture out to Redbox and rented The Hangover. We've seen it before...but it was still hilarious!

Saturday, I went to the grocery store. Happy to say I kept the week at $50...but also went back and picked up some great deals on meat. It sounds weird, but just too good to pass up. I got a whole pork loin package (12 lbs of pork) for $0.99/pound. It was a fabulous deal. This broke up to 8 meals...1 roast, and the others were pork chops (center cut and bone in). I also grabbed Acme's 4/$19.99 deal...I got 2 lbs of ground beef, 8 chicken breasts and 1 whole chicken to roast. There were also some deals on Pop Tarts, cereal, and Ravioli and Beefaroni...oh and buy 1 get 2 free bottles of Dynamo landry detergent. I spent $54 on that transaction, but saved OVER $65...it was awesome!

That night, we decided to go out and have a few drinks and we even ventured to a bar to watch the Ravens vs Colts game...sadly the Ravens lost (okay, I live in MD). We headed home and snuggled up and were able to sleep in until 9:30 this morning...it was heaven. I haven't taken off the pjs today...wellm I did shower and put new pjs on....it was great! I did one load of laundry, but other than that....nothing else. I caught up on Alias via Netflix and did some internet surfing. We had chili for dinner and it was delicious!!

Here's our menu for the week--hope you all have a great week and enjoy your Monday off if you are lucky enough to work for a bank, school or government office....I don't : (

  • Monday: Shrimp Gumbo
  • Tuesday: Mason's bar--tuna special
  • Wednesday: Cheeseburgers and tatertots
  • Thursday: BLTs with fries
  • Friday: filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, green beans
  • Saturday: Roast Pork, roast potatoes, broccoli
  • Sunday: grilled tuna and pasta salad

1 comment:

The Whitledge Family said...

Hello...when you get a chance I would love for you to email me. I have a couple of questions since it seems like I am one step behind you. You can email me at cwhitledge@dcps.org


Thank you!!